- INSURANCE CLAIMS
- PROHIBITED ITEMS
- BULK DISCOUNTS/BUSINESS SHIPPING
- PASSPORTS/LEGAL DOCUMENTS
- CUSTOMS TAX & DUTIES
- SHIPPING RATES FOR BUSINESS PURPOSES
- PARCEL FORWARDING - currently unavailable
- DOMESTIC SHIPPING (TOLL) - no longer available
- HOW TO MEASURE DIMENSIONS AND WEIGHT OF PACKAGE
What is our refund policy?
First, if you need to consider a refund or return, you likely purchased a service through Ship2Anywhere. Which means we owe you a "thank you!" Nothing makes us happier than a well executed Ship2Anywhere experience. As such, we promise to do our very best to deliver an amazing product and customer experience, understanding that hiccups can happen along the way.
If you believe that your service has not been of acceptable quality (through no fault of your own) we will address this on a case by case basis. Please contact us directly on 1300 918 372.
How much am I covered for?
Every shipment with Ship2Anywhere Pty Ltd has a free insurance cover which covers your items up to a limit of 500 Australian Dollars in regard to loss or damage. For items in which its declared value is no more than or equal to 7,500 Australian Dollars, you could pay an additional fee as outlined during the booking process.
If you wish to insure items that are valued more than 7,500 Australian Dollars, Ship2Anywhere recommends that you seek third party insurance through companies like QBE Insurance Australia.
How do I submit an insurance form?
In order to submit an insurance request, you can call 1300 918 372 or complete our online insurance claim form here.
What items are prohibited?
The following items listed below are strictly prohibited from shipment. Our insurance policy will not cover any of these prohibited items. If your item is prohibited, you may risk prosecution by the relevant authorities, such as imprisonment and severe fines.
Any materials and products tha are dangerous or hazardous to handling staff, will not be accepted. Any substances, which are classified as dangerous in the latest edition of IATA publication, will not be accepted.
Please note that this is not an exhaustive list. To confirm if your item is fit for shipping, contact us at 1300 918 372 for clarification.
- Human or animal remains or ashes
- Batteries of any kind. Including lithium-ion, lithium-metal and any battery found inside a laptop, mobile phone, tablet, camera, watch or any other device.
- Illegal goods (contraband)
- Firearms, weapons or any item than could be used as a weapon, explosive devices, ammunition, or any parts hereof
- Imitation (replica) or toy firearms
- Aerosol cans/sprays
- Dangerous Goods of every description (including perfume and nail polish)
- Dry ice
- Engines, generators, and gear boxes
- Fire extinguishers
- Life jackets
- Food products of every description (whether perishable or not perishable)
- Perishable goods such as, but without limitation, pharmaceutical products
- Alcoholic beverages of every description
- Furs and/or ivory or items made therefrom
- Tobacco and tobacco products of every description
- Automotive panels
- Fine Art. “Fine Art” means paintings, etchings, pictures, tapestries and other bona fide works of art, valuable rugs, statuary, marbles, bronzes, rare books, antique silver, manuscripts, porcelains, rare glass and bric-a-brac, collections of books, mixed periodicals, photographs, slides, clippings and other articles of a similar nature including furnishings.
- Deeds and/or securities and/or treasury notes and/or any other cash equivalents and/or tickets and/or vouchers and/or stamps and/or duty stamps and the like.
- Designs and/or patterns and/or plans and/or manuscripts and all other documents.
- Jewellery and/or watches of every description
- Money and/or coins of every description.
- Precious Metals. “Precious Metals” means silver, gold, platinum, palladium, iridium, osmium, rhodium, and ruthenium.
- Precious Stones. “Precious Stones” means diamonds, emeralds, rubies and sapphires.
- Semi-precious Stones. “Semi-precious Stones” means amethyst, aquamarine, aventurine, carnelian, garnet, lapis lazuli, opal, pearls, rose quartz, topaz and tourmaline
- Food products of every description (whether perishable or not perishable).
For queries on special rates, contact 1300 918 372 as these are negotiated on a case-by-case basis.
Can I send passports/legal documents?
Yes. In our experience, we highly recommend that you book 2 shipments:
1 shipment from Australia to Country X
& 1 shipment from Country X to Australia.
Enclose the airway bill (from Country X to Australia) together with your legal documents so that you receive your documents in the fastest time possible. Although our online booking system only allows you to make a booking 10 days in advance, you can change the shipping date by calling 1300 918 372 in the case whereby your legal documents require more time to be processed. Once your legal documents are ready, notify Ship2Anywhere by calling us again to arrange a favourable date for pick-up.
Despite the fact that you could email the airway bills to the relevant authorities or embassies, we observed that there is a significantly longer delay in comparison to mailing the physical label itself due to logistical issues, which may arise on the part of the embassy.
How much do I have to pay for tax & duties?
Customs tax and duties vary from country to country. Contact your local customs department to find out. We have a resource article which contains details on some countries’ custom tax & duties.
Who is liable for tax and duties?
The receiver of the shipment will be held liable for the custom tax & duties.
Do you offer corporate rates for shipping and online stores?
Yes. You can open a credit account with us and receive corporate rates. Contact us at 1300 918 372 to discuss as shipping discounts are determined on a case-by-case basis.
Do you have a shopping cart plug-in for online stores?
Yes. We have created a plug-in for Magento, and it’s free of charge to install and utilise.
What is parcel forwarding?
Parcel Forwarding is a service where you are provided an USA address so that you could ship your shopping from online sites based in the USA. Certain US-based sites only offers free shipping within the States, or is limited to domestic shipping. With the Parcel Forwarding service, you can buy products which are much cheaper than Australia.
As shipping is cheaper when shipped at a higher volume, you can combine individual packages into one. This is especially useful if you purchased items from several websites and have it shipped at a lower price-to-volume ratio.
Do you parcel forward items from Australian shopping sites?
Ship2Anywhere does not currently offer Parcel Forwarding Services from Australia as an outbound destination. However, we offer door-to-door service, in which any items you wish to ship could be privately arranged between you and the item provider.
You could pay for the shipping on our website and have the airway bills sent to the item provider via email or post.
Can you ship packages from the USA to other countries, apart from Australia?
No. We currently do not offer this service but in the process of expansion. However, you could utilise our Quote & Book system to arrange an express door-to-door service with the store/seller. The mailing labels could be sent to the store/seller through Quote & Book
Can I return the items if I have a change of mind?
Depending on the return policy of the merchant site (most likely free returns), you can return the items for free if the package is not shipped to Australia. In the case of returning package, contact 1300 918 372 to arrange a return. If your package has been shipped to Australia, you would have to return it to your assigned USA address through our Quote & Book system with the mailing label provided by the merchant site.
How long can I store my packages at the US address for?
The time limit for storing your packages is 12 months from the time it arrives at the warehouse.
What does ‘Authority to Leave’ mean?
It means that you authorise TOLL (our domestic carrier) to leave the package at your doorstep if you are not present to receive your package. This is done at your own risk.
Does ‘Authority to Leave’ extend to pick-up?
No it does not. It only applies to deliveries.