Moving Overseas The Process Explained
This article explains the basics involved in moving your belongings overseas, in order to better help you understand the process and reduce the stress involved.
There are two freight options to choose from when moving your goods overseas. The options are air freight and sea freight. Air freight is the quicker option, usually taking 2-4 business days. On the other hand sea freight is a slower option and can take a number of weeks. The benefit of sea freight is you can take advantage of significant savings when sending large amount of goods.
When moving personal belongings overseas, it is recommended that you take out an insurance policy to protect against loss or damage. Insurance is generally priced at a percentage of the value of the goods you are sending. In order to make the move as easy as possible it is recommended that you ask us for a quote that includes insurance.
Step by step process
- Work out exactly what you wish to take with you overseas.
- Agree on a price to move your goods.
- Set a date for goods to be picked up.
- Pack all your small belongings into boxes; be sure to wrap all the fragile items in multiple layers.
- The moving company will come to your house and collect all your belongings, if you require a full container, the container will be delivered to your house and packed by the professionals.
- Once the goods arrive at your destination, double-check they are all in good condition.
- Unpack your goods.